Saturday, February 28, 2009

Things Heard and Seen

I know it's been way too long again and I really need to write a couple of posts about our trip to Disneyland and Destructo's(3) experience with preschool. Until I get to that though, I thought I'd post about a couple of interesting/funny things I've heard and seen lately.

While walking through the girls' section in Walmart I glanced at the racks of training bras. I couldn't help but notice the brand name of some of them: "Sweet Nothings."

I was running around the track at the Rec Center the other morning. Two older ladies, probably in their 60's were walking together and chatting. Just as I passed them I overheard one say to the other, "...and her husband's a tall glass of water, too."

On the radio I heard that in Arkansas there is a bill going through the state congress that would allow people to carry a concealed weapon with them into a church. Right now apparently, the only two places that concealed weapons are banned are in church and bars. Interesting pairing.

3 comments:

Kristyn said...

Come on now... you need to be careful of what and who you are making fun of. I have, in the recent past, worn a bra called "Barely There." Yes, I'll admit I have nothing. I just need to savor these next couple of months while I am nursing. After that I will be back to "barely there!"

Julie J. said...

Ha Ha! Sweet Nothings"? That is so funny!

Tamara said...

Those are funny! I always enjoy a good random saying or sign that brightens my day.