Sunday, May 4, 2008

Call me "Coach"

Since no one else would volunteer and the games start this week I finally stepped up to be LittleOrphanAnnie's(7) coach for coach-pitch baseball. Yes, that means that I, as the coach, am supposed to pitch. Lisa, all-star pitcher, I need your help! We have a practice tomorrow so we'll see how it goes. I'm hoping that this is all so laid back, it won't be a big deal that I can't pitch very well. And who knows, maybe with practice I will improve. Our team is the Astros and I'm getting a pretty nice ball cap out of the deal. :) I'll keep you posted as the season progresses.

5 comments:

Tamara said...

Way to go Kim!!! You will do great! BTW, I love the new look!

Kim said...

Thanks for the support, Tamara. And I got the new look from cutestblogontheblock.com just like you did. It was really hard to make a choice--so many cute backgrounds.

Kristyn said...

Good Luck! Hope you can get some parents to help out. Here is a little advice from experience. When you pass around a sign-up for treats, make sure you get the parents email address so you can send out reminders of practices and games that way.

DAD said...

Good for you, KIM. You are such a good mom. sometimes if you want your kids to experience something you have to get invovled yourself. That is what happened to me 30 years ago. WOW, that makes me sound OLD.

Shelley said...

Love the new look! I am challenged on the technical end of blogging, so mine stays pretty boring! Good luck with the baseball. If you can run a marathon, I figure you can do just about anything!