Thursday, April 17, 2008

Back from break and #524

We're back from our little vacation. The weather didn't cooperate very well but we still had a pretty good time. There were definitely moments when I was wishing that the kids weren't having quite such a good time so they would settle down and be quiet for a while, but we all survived and I'm glad to be back home. It doesn't matter how short or long a vacation is I'm always glad to get back home. I'm not sure what that says about me.

I went to pick up my packet for the marathon today. I have race bib #524. From what I can tell there are about 3000+ marathon participants and at least twice as many half-marathon participants. That makes for a very fun starting line (both start at the same place but divide into different routes around mile 5). It also makes for very long lines at the port-a-potties before the race starts. :) Last year when I ran the half marathon, my three sisters, one brother, and two brothers-in-law were with me at the starting line and it was soooo exciting. This year I'll be alone. I hope I'll still feel the excitement of it all, being by myself. I'm sure I will. How can I not?

I haven't figured out what to do to celebrate my finish. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Tamara said...

A day at the spa!!!;)

LD said...

I was thinking the exact same thing as Tamara. Spa-Day! Good luck with your marathon--you are an inspiration!